The Jewish community in Denmark is looking for a Chazan, who is a creative and engaging educator.
We are looking for a person who is capable to lead services in the Great Synagogue in Copenhagen, but first and foremost have the focus on engaging community members and is passionate about teaching, educating and being an active part in community life.
The job will include
• Teaching in the Jewish school and kindergarten.
• Working closely with the Rabbi on community educational initiatives such as bar and bat mitzvah groups, converts, summer camps and Jewish studies for adults.
• Arranging and assisting in making community events.
• Lead services and Tora reading on shabbat and Chagim.
• Co-assist the Rabbi with special occasions and funerals.
The ideal candidate
• Is creative, enthusiastic and organized.
• Is a team player.
• Is obligated to halacha.
• Has strong Jewish knowledge.
• Is fluent in English (Scandinavian languages is a plus)
• Has formal and informal Jewish education experience.
The position is vacant from the 1st of November 2019. Applicants should apply no later than July 1st 2019. The employment is under Danish laws of employment.
Applications and questions regarding the position can be sent to Chief Rabbi Jair Melchior: email@example.com.